Tuesday, September 19, 2006

High-tech it ain't...

...but at least they're doing it.

Let me remind you of my earlier posts about the lack of street cleaning in Dubai Marina, the breakthrough of Emaar taking notice of what I'd said and telling me "Cleaning has been arranged and warning letters are being sent to construction companies."

Well folks, the warning letters obviously were sent, a couple of the building companies did take notice and...



I know, I know. It's hardly cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, world-beating, high-tech. It's just a broom and a shovel. But it's actually working. Parts of some of the streets are cleaner. Around a couple of construction sites. Several others haven't got around to it yet. Maybe they don't have the necessary equipment in their inventory.

And the streets around the completed buildings haven't been touched. The general street cleaning, which I assume should be on a regular basis, simply isn't being done. At all.

I'll have to get back to the very helpful Lilia DeSouza from Emaar's Customer Care Department about that.

1 comment:

trailingspouse said...

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:
"If this were only cleared away,"
They said, "it would be grand!"


"If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year.
Do you suppose," the Walrus said,
"That they could get it clear?"
"I doubt it," said the Carpenter,
And shed a bitter tear.


The Walrus and The Carpenter, Lewis Carroll