Thursday, December 25, 2008

No outdoor smoking

I posted back in August about the proposed ban on outdoor smoking in public parks.

It looks as though it's happening in a serious way because walking through the gardens of Media City the other day I came across a smokers' cabin...




An outdoor area beside the lake in a commercial zone, not a place where families with children would be likely to congregate, yet there's a cabin almost ready for smokers to crowd into for their nicotine fix.

I find it very strange.

8 comments:

Keef said...

Wisdon IT Solution My Name Is Automatic Spam: grow up, of course it won't.

Seabee: Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thanks for the constant grounding on the realities of Life In Dubai.

Em said...

perhaps to keep the place clean from cigarette butts people fling all over.

The Mupersans said...

I truly wish they'd do it here too! No more cigarette butts lying all over the place. And far more importantly... No unwanted lungful of disgusting smoke as you innocently walk past a bunch of smokers standing in a doorway.

Saw a similar glass cubicle at Hong Kong airport - I can't believe people were actually going in there! YUCK!!! I felt entitled to point, stare and gasp in horror!!!

Seabee said...

Keefie sorry to make your first comment now seem odd, but I've deleted the comment from Wisdom IT Solutions (that bloody word 'solutions' again!). They'd left them on a couple of my posts and I'll delete them whenever I see them.

Keef said...

Seabee, well done!

By the way, do you know what year it is?

Seabee said...

Keefie, could it be the year that Dubai actually slows down to some sensible development?

Anonymous said...

this is funny!!! A smoker's cabin in open air.. hahahaha.. Probably to stop pollution too!

P.

Anonymous said...

cool blog!