Monday, August 08, 2011

Last lap

Less than a week before we fly back to Oz, Saturday morning in fact, so this really is the last lap.

Everything's done, except packing the bags and we always leave that to the last minute.

The online tracking system shows that the ship with our container of belongings arrived in Sydney on schedule last week. It does say that customs clearance was completed today but as I expect a bill from customs I don't believe that.

It also says Quarantine Date was August 5, but I'm not sure what that actually means. The Quarantine Service in Australia is very tough and I fully expect them to demand that at least some of the furniture is fumigated but I've heard nothing about that so far. Usually they send a Quarantine Notice saying why fumigation (or destruction) is required and the cost of doing whichever one you choose.

Anyway, it seems to indicate that our belongings should be delivered not too far from when we arrive ourselves.

The shuttle is booked to get us from Sydney International early on Sunday morning and I'm hoping we'll be home by about 10am. The forecast is sunny with a possible shower and a max of 18C - that's very different from the horribly humid day we're having in Dubai. The worst humidity of the summer I reckon.



9 comments:

Rupert Neil Bumfrey said...

Safe travels and thanks for your entertaining output :-)

Shalini said...

Good luck on your new adventure. Will miss reading your blog.

Seabee said...

Thanks. I'll leave this blog as it is and move over to an Aussie-focussed one.

Unknown said...

Your Dubai blog will surely be missed. Best of luck on your new chapter.

unJane said...

Good luck! We moved home permanently last October from a lifetime abroad including 20 years in Dubai and except for friends, don't miss it at all.

R. Ramesh said...

safe journey n best wishes:)

Unknown said...

I will sorely miss you and your blog. I used to read 'Life in Dubai' even when I am traveling overseas. Well, time to move on, I guess. So now back to 'swept under the carpet' everything rosy projections of the local news. Good luck to you and all the very best. And bon voyage!

Grumpy Goat said...

You will leave a link pointing to your new Aussie blog, won't you?

Bon voyage!

Charles Leahy said...

Best of luck mate and hope you are enjoying your travels. All the best.